Monday, June 15, 2009

prayers: Call to Worship for an ordination

(c) Jill Ann Terwilliger, June 2009

In joy, in hope, in gratitude

Here we gather.

From the four winds of Earth

From our separate faiths

From lives of pain and joy, tumult and peace

Here we gather, as one body.

We gather in anticipation of great things,

of beauty, depth, meaning, inspiration.

Let us gather, also, in openness

to the ever surprising,

the ever unpredictable,

the ever wonder-making

movements of the Spirit,

Into this hallowed hall we come

To witness to the whisper that has stirred souls up through the ages

“Embody me,” Rilke heard the whisper say,

“flare up like flame and make big shadows I can move in.”

We come to witness to the hope of life

lived in response

to the whispers of God

Here we gather

In gratitude, in hope, in joy.

Let us worship.

1 comment:

Rev. K.T. said...

Thank you, Jill, this is just what I need for my upcoming installation service! I've given you credit too!